My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

If He Were a Frog, I'd Have Kissed Him!


So yesterday, our air conditioner went out.
Yep, kablooey. Out. No more cool air flowing through the ducts in our house.
Did I mention it's hot here in Texas right now? Like, 110 in the shade hot? The heat index IN THE SHADE is 110. Not cool. H. O. T. As in Hades hot. Our inside house temp rose to a nice balmy 95 degrees. Have you ever tried to get two toddlers to take a nap in that kind of heat? Hot, sticky, icky, sweaty, nasty heat? Here in Texas, we are SOOOOO fortunate to be able to lay claim to that whole thing about, "Yeah....it's not the heat that kills ya, it's the HUMIDITY" At times the air feels so thick you could slice it with a knife.
So I call our A/C guy. He's at work (he owns an a/c company on the side) and says for me to call him back after 3 p.m. It's now 11 am and the house is already hot. Sigh. Okay, I'll call you back....the hours slow to a C-R-A-W-L. Three kids, hot house, nothing else to do but fill up on popsicles!
After consuming an entire box of popsicles over the course of 7 hours (he didn't get here until 6:oo p.m.), the air was fixed! How long does it take to get your house from 95 degrees to 78?(which is where I leave our thermostat in the summer) It took about 5 hours for the poor a/c to get it cooled off to just 80 degrees. See, we have vaulted ceilings in our house...that's not good.
All's well that ends well, though. He only charged us $50, he got it fixed fast, and I was able to get out of bed this morning without feeling like I had just gone swimming.
I'm telling you, I could have kissed him.

No comments: