My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Fall is a great time to...


Make banana nut bread
Play outside with your kids
Drink hot chocolate
Go through the corn maze
Read a good book
Sleep in on cool mornings
Finish the sewing you started
Clean out the pantry
Cook beef stew
Get involved in your community
Take a walk outside

Today I am so thankful for the wonderful things that God has given me. I am rich compared to most people, I have an adoring husband and three precious children, a wonderful home church and have begun to make some wonderful new friends. Sometimes I forget to just stop...and show appreciation for what I do have. Not just to others, but to my family. I don't ever want to take our family life and what we have for granted.

For some time, my husband has felt that his time on earth is not going to be long. He has shared this with me before, but I have always pushed it aside, as it has always seemed so absurd to me that he should die at such a young age. But there have been little things...I can't even begin to explain it all...I do feel as though God is preparing us for something...but I don't know what. I can't even begin to imagine it would be that, I pray it's not. The Bible says we shouldn't have "vain imaginations", so I am instead focusing on how truly wonderful it is to have my family all together and how blessed I am to my husband in my life.

I don't ever want a day to go by that he doesn't know in his knower that I love him with every fiber of my being and that I feel so blessed and honored that he chose me to be his wife. Somehow, Fall just seems like a great time to begin letting him know...

No comments: