My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Only A Mother Would Understand...

After church yesterday afternoon, I drove to my friend Angie's house and dropped Katie off so she could spend a week with LeAnn at church camp in Arkansas.
On the drive back, while my two toddlers were napping, I had the unusual opportunity to get lost in thought and do some planning for the week ahead. Not only am I planning on getting all of Katie's school year mapped out, but I am also going to have my youngest (20 months) potty trained by the time Katie comes back.
She's been showing signs of readiness for the last 2 months to be honest. I just didn't want to admit that my "baby" was growing up. Isn't that stupid?!?! I have the chance to save $50 a month in diaper fees and I'm not just jumping at the opportunity?!?! I know, I know...it's dumb. At least that's the conclusion I've come to. I could take that $50 and invest it in something that's going to return more than a stinky garbage pail and a rash on my daughter's behind.
So last night I was sitting on the couch with her, reading a book to her and I felt that "mommy instinct" kick in. She was very, very still and very very intent. That meant one thing. She was about to do a "poo poo"....I swept her up off the couch and without much fanfare asked her if she needed to potty...and she said, "uh-huh"...so off we went. She sat and sat and sat...she resisted at first, because it's probably not a comfortable feeling your first time going and having all that air under you when you're not used to it. Her little hands kept gripping the sides of the potty handles that sit on top of the toilet seat and she kept looking at me like, "What are you DOING to me?" I smiled, she relaxed and out it came.
So there ya have it. Her first #2 on the potty. Woo hoo! Of course, we made a big deal...and we couldn't flush it till daddy got home an hour later so he could see and make a big deal out of it all over. We celebrated that first poop for and hour and 30 minutes!
Today, she's wearing her "big girl panties"...we're going to the potty every 30 minutes so we don't have any accidents (who am I trying to fool? lol) And yes, I have the carpet and stain remover ready once again...the febreze is on standby and ready to be used at any moment, and we've got clorox wipes in the bathroom again for all the times we "wait just a wee bit too long".
It's something that only another mom could understand...for the next week, I'll be on the pee and poop cheerleader brigade.

No comments: