My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 10, 2006

A Little about the last couple of weeks...


So I don't think I've actually written anything that's really been happening in my life in...oh, I don't know....two FOREVERS!



So to catch everyone up:



1. We have not been doing what we KNOW to do in our business to succeed so my hubby can quit his job and go full time - so we have had to take a HARD look at ourselves and make some really serious decisions. We have recommitted ourselves to our goals (we've just had to push them out a little) and have now stepped it up so we can achieve success.



2. Our business mentor (who is worth oh...50 million or so) has taken all of our vital info and is going to help us formulate our business plan so we can take a quantum leap and get our business past the next level. We are very excited and humbled that he would take an interest in us and do this with us.



3. In the midst of all of this, I have gained 10 lbs!!! I am also "late" by two weeks. As is this isn't enough, I had a tubal ligation after I had my daughter 2 years ago. I must say, I am afraid to get the test in case it's positive...eek. Every time one of my friends has another child, I think, "Ooooh...wish I wouldn't have had the tubal..." But now faced with the fact that my wish might be coming true...well, all I can say is that a it would be a VERY UNEXPECTED blessing. :o)



4. The fan on our heater shorted out last week, causing an electrical meltdown in the circuit panel. Fortunately, we had just arrived home and my husband smelled the smoke. I checked the breakers and saw the smoke curling out from behind the panel, opened the box and shut off the breaker to the furnace, since I figured that is what it was. Of course, then, we had to call in the Fire Dept because there was NO way we were getting any sleep until we were sure we weren't going to have a fire break out in the middle of the night. The LEVFD (LE Volunteer Fire Dept) came and gave us a clean bill of health (so to speak) and said to have it looked at next week. The man even pulled out the offending 60 amp breaker and showed us where it was melted and he disconnected it from the box, pushing the wires back into the panel box (apparently, he was worried we might try to mess with them?) At any rate, a man from our church came and took the fan housing and repaired it and is now back installing it. Maybe when it turns cold in the next few weeks, we'll have heat. If not, we DO have some kerosene space heaters we could use...I just dislike the smell of them.



5. School is truly testing my limits as a sane human being. Katie has decided she cannot spell even the simplest of words (is there some sort of disconnect switch in there???) and consequently, I am spending more time having her correct her spelling on everyday things than almost anything else. Of course, as a homeschooling mom, I feel like I am failing her, but I truly think it's just a speed bump in the road of homeschooling life.



6. On a brighter note, Katie has discovered that she likes to write poety. Unfortunately, she likes to COPY the work of others...sigh. She has a way to go, but didn't we ALL at the tender age of 9??? I have, however discussed with her the importance of originality...it's okay to pattern yourself after the greats, but it is NOT okay to copy them - that's called plaguerizing and it's THEFT. Thankfully, she has never tried to pass the work of others off as her own, but she like to COPY it onto a piece of paper and not give due credit. Which, to me...is only a step away from theft...so anyways...



7. So a couple of days ago, I listed our last month expenses and last month bring home and you are just NEVER going to believe what I discovered. We spent EXACTLY as much as we brought home...hmm. It either means that we are great at budgeting, or we need to take another look at some things. My fear is the latter. :oD



So there you go. An update on our current situation as of Friday, November 10th at 5:12 p.m. We now return to our regularly scheduled blog of mindless drivel...


No comments: