My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 9, 2007

And a Wonderful Day was Had by All

PHOTO HAS BEEN REMOVED TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF MY CHILDREN!

I am not a fan of Easter Egg Hunts. I feel they detract from the true meaning of Easter and the Passover. Our church hosts a HUGE annual egg hunt for many of the local children as an outreach. We bus kids in and "gospelise" them before the egg hunt - and yesterday was no exception. From Sunday School to Jr. Church, those kids got a good dose of the Gospel and the Truth regarding Easter and the Passover was clearly explained.

My youngest daughter in the photo above is too young for Jr. church (she is Nursery age) but has been allowed to attend the Little Jr. Church since she's potty trained. I got to listen in yesterday for a bit and was SO thankful to hear them explaining even to the littlest ones what Easter and the Passover really is about.

But when the time came for the Egg Hunt, my daughter, who is ever so inquisitive, just stood there in wonder while all the other kids ran around her scooping up eggs. She surveyed the chaos around her with a troubled face and turned to me as if to ask, "what is going ON with all these kids?" When I told her to "Find the eggs!" she immediately understood and set about grabbing up every egg she could find.

I wonder if that's how we appear to our Heavenly Father when unexpected blessings flow. Do we just stand there in amazement watching our cup run over? Or do we sieze the moment and get all the eggs we can?

Technorati Tags: , , ,

post signature

1 comment:

Mommy's Getaway said...

I wonder if that's how we appear to our Heavenly Father when unexpected blessings flow. Do we just stand there in amazement watching our cup run over? Or do we sieze the moment and get all the eggs we can?

I read this line...and what a thought-provoker. A very good point and thank you for posting that.