My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

WFMW - Redeeming your Surfing time


I don't know about you, but I spend a lot of time on my computer -- and anything I can do to speed up my productivity, well, as Martha would say, "It's a good thing." I recently discovered two new tricks to use when surfing or working on my pc and they have both saved me time, (albeit small - but hey, every little bit helps) so I thought I'd share them with you!

Surfing shortcut

Did you know that you do not need to type in www or the .com when entering a website's URL. In the address section at the top of your web browser just enter the name of the website then hold down the CTRL key and press enter.


Open a new page without losing your place

To open a new page in your web browser without closing your current page, hold the Ctrl key and press N. (This is especially helpful when you have several screens open and need to google something without backtracking or minimizing your open windows so you can open another.)

Okay, now try them...you know you want to!

For more Works for Me Wednesday tips, head on over to Shannon's at Rocks in My Dryer, or you can add your own!

As an ADDED BONUS!!! Did you know that if your dishwasher has stains inside, you can put some Tang where the detergent goes and the inside of your dishwasher will be as good as new? Kinda scary, huh? Wonder what it does to OUR insides? Hmm....

Technorati Tags: , ,

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok now I've heard everything...tang in your dishwasher! That is kind of scarey that we drink the stuff. Thanks for the computer tips I need all the help I can get...

Kelley said...

My Dad just showed me the Ctrl-Enter thing last month. Pretty slick. I already knew about opening new windows with Ctrl-N, but now I use tabbed browsing. You can also right-click links and open in a new tab or window without losing your place on the current page.

Anonymous said...

I did not know that about holding down Control! Great ideas!

Susan L. Prince said...

Did you know that if you spill coke on your keyboard, or it just gets way too many cookie crumbs in it over the years, that you don't need to go buy a new keyboard?

Just run it through the rinse cycle in your dishwasher!

I'm not kidding! I've been doing this for years. Just be sure to dry the thing completely before using again.