My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Look! An Actual Post!

"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." -- Samuel Johnson


Now, don't faint and fall out on me, but I have actually prepared a "real" blog post for your viewing pleasure this morning. Well, I don't know if it will be pleasurable for you or not, as that's all a matter of opinion...but I digress. On with the post!

As I have looked around the blogosphere lately, I have noticed a very common thread running throughout many blogs: blog authors apologizing for "lack of blog fodder" and "bloggy breaks" due to writer's block. (guilty as charged, your honor)

I'm often plagued by lack of inspiration. I believe that there really is no such thing as "writer's block"...it's simply my inability to harness this team of wild horses running around in my head to create an interesting entry. Or...da da da dun....laziness on my part.

If I was more ambitious, I could jot notes to myself during the day when funny and interesting little things happen (which isn't a bad idea) instead of sitting down at the computer staring at a blank screen for two hours, waiting for "inspiration" to suddenly hit me so I can write something even mildly entertaining.

I could also "write ahead" and save drafts so I'll have something for those days when I am a little busy or uninspired. I could have a list of memory joggers or even surf the web for inspiration in other places.

There are so many things I could do, but don't. Instead, I stare at the screen and that darned black cursor blinking against the stark white background, seemingly insinuating with every blink, "bet. you. can't."

So what do you do for inspiration? How do you "beat bloggy block"?



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Technorati Tags: , , add to sk*rt


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things that help me are...
participating in weekly memes
never leaving home without my camera (much to dear's dismay)and not yet having my l year bloggy anniversary :)
I still don't know how to get things in my sidebar or do a mr. linky...

Dapoppins said...

I have tried to write ahead and save posts...and then I get excited that I have something to say and post them one on top of the other.


Now about that blog break...hummm. There's an idea. Maybe I could finish something else if I wasn't on the computer so much!

Mrs Pretzel said...

Ummmm I don't.

Mel said...

I do try to remember little things throughout the day, but also try to participate in a few weekly things like Friday's Feast, Wordless Wednesday, and have joined Tales from the Scales new challenge so I admit I sometimes rely on the whole weight watchers journey to inspire. I was just thinking the other day that maybe I should get a purpose....hmmm could getting a purpose maybe BE a purpose??!!!