My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Reuniting with my Past...

My mom recently sent me a few items from home (Homer, Alaska) that I had been "saving for my kids". What a neat surprise to open the box and find my old coin collection and my old sheet music collections! I collected for the pleasure - not for the money, so most of my coins were in terrible shape, but as a child, I found them so interesting. Currency from all over the world - Canada, Japan, Russia, Hong Kong, Mexico...once my brother sent me my first coin, I was hooked. And the sheet music was given to me by my stepdad - it was stored in an old garage in Fairbanks, Alaska. When he and my mom found it, they knew it was right up my alley. I probably have about 200 songs now and I am considering framing some of the more interesting sheets to do a gallery on one of my walls.

A sampling of the coins from my box:


My daugher has been positively astounded that I used to collect anything at all...especially anything that would interest her. I guess she just sees me as plain old "mom" who doesn't make time for that kind of thing anymore.

What did you collect as a kid?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Hanley Family said...

Books, mostly. I sort of had a coin collection, but never got too many. And stickers in elementary school, but I think that was a standard. At least in my school.