My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

WFMW - Have Your Blog Graded for Free!

If you are anything like me, you check your blog stats once or twenty times a day...it's a sickness, I know. Even if you don't, this tip is probably something you could use, because if you blog, you do want people to be able to find you, right? (Maybe I'm a mutant, I don't know...)

I recently discovered a website grader (don't worry - it works on blogs too) where you simply enter in your blog URL and after a minute of calculating, it will spit out your score, along with a detailed explanation of why you scored the way you did.

I had a score of a measly "3" when I first ran the test, and now I have a whopping "65", which simply means that my blog scores higher than 65% of other websites in terms of "marketing effectiveness. Just for fun, I ran a comparison (you can do that too) with Rocks In My Dryer to see...well, how I compared. Not pretty, y'all. But I don't have nearly as many links or visits, either. (click on example below to enlarge)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

All in all, it was a fun project, and I highly recommend you visit the Website SEO Score Tool at Website Grader...it works for me. For more WFMW tips, head on over to Shannon's @ Rocks in My Dryer -- you'll be glad you did.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Technorati Tags: , , add to sk*rt


8 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

This is cool, thanks! Funny, it says my readability level requires 1 year of graduate school. I didn't even finish college! LOL

Anonymous said...

My results were shameful, but I will attribute that to the fact that the blog is still so new. Yeah. That's it.

To counter what Marie said, mine reads at the 4th grade level, which, apparantly is a good thing. (although I would rather sound like a graduate student!)

Thanks for the link. I have bookmarked it and will check back in another few months.

Amy Bennett said...

cool deal, i'm going to check it out, thanks

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Y'all...this is pitiful, but the first time I did mine, it said it read at a Ph.D. level...I have no clue how...but now it's down to a graduate level, I think. I have no idea how it comes up with that. I am prone to using long words, I've noticed...I just LIKE 'EM. :)

penguinsandladybugs said...

Thanks!! I hate site meter once and it confused me....this sounds more up my alley!!!

TexasTanya said...

Cool tip! Thanks for the advice! I checked my stats ~ pitiful, pitiful, pitiful...

Guess I've got some work to do!

Thanks much!

Kathy in WA said...

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. I'm off to get a PhD so I can read you'all's blogs. :)

Duckabush Blog

Amy Bennett said...

My stats were kind of blah. My PR is a 3 so that's decent. But I have NO google inbound links and I'm not even indexed with Technorati but I have an account and blog registered there so not sure what that means. My writing is on a 7th grade level so not sure what to think of that either seeing that I'm a college graduate. I guess that's good for my readers though.
Really liked the tips the site gave, I'm going to have to do some of those. Thanks again for the link!