My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Stay Tuned...Something exciting is coming this way!

But not today. I don't have time to blog about it, because I'm frantically trying to get things wrapped up and finished on my design blog...but look for an exciting announcement here tomorrow! (Well, it's exciting to me, you may just think "meh" and shrug your shoulders)

In other news, my mom's in the hospital {again} and I've been flitting back and forth between my house, her house {to take care of my stepdad} and the hospital. Talk about being stretched! Although a good stretching might just be the cure for what ails me. I woke up yesterday morning with a kink in my neck that has since moved down into the right side of my back and I'm having to take Flexeril to help control the muscle spasms I am having. So, consequently? I'm feeling sort of loopy! {woo hoo! - everything makes me happy today}

We have a tentative diagnosis on my mom - ischemic colitis, which is not fun. Basically, she's not getting enough blood flow to her colon and it's causing nausea, cramping, diarrhea and a host of other lovelies. If you're the the praying type, please pray that the Drs will have wisdom as to how to treat her, because she's getting on up there in age {76} and it sounds like she may have a surgery in the very near future to remove the colon (which would leave her with a colostomy bag - yuck for her) -- and anytime you put someone her age under anesthesia, there is a good chance they won't wake up.

I've not forgotten I'm supposed to be doing a tutorial or two here soon, either. I just haven't had time to get it together. Some of you wanted an html tutorial, but after thinking about it for two seconds, I realized that I'm a goober for even offering it - because there is an awesome resource out there called "Blogging Basics 101" run by my bloggy friend Melanie - whose personal blog is "Don't Try This at Home". Okay, it may be a stretch to call her a bloggy friend, per se, but isn't that what blogging is all about? Making new friends? {huge toothy grin here - see, I told you I was feeling great} I consider you ALL my bloggy friends. The more the merrier. Right?

Speaking of "right"...I have GOT to get a recording of my daughter Abby saying that. There is nothing funnier than how she says that word...but I digress. I was talking tutorials. The second most often requested tutorial was "sewing"...so I've decided that that's what I'll be doing. Look for a denim apron tutorial this month {similar to last month's giveaway apron} where I'll show you step by step how you can make one for your very own!

It's time to take another flexeril before I chew the keys off my keyboard. {By the way...the kids are running amok, thank you very much -- no chance for school today with me being so loopy. What I wouldn't give for a live-in nanny on days like today!}

Photobucket

Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.

Technorati Tags: , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course we're friends, silly. ;)

I hope the family stuff gets back to normal soon.

Unknown said...

Extra prayers for your Mom. Can't wait to find out what's up with you!

Fresh Girl said...

Your poor mom! That sort of thing is SO not fun...my dad has has some experience with similar problems. I hope they'll find the right treatment for her soon. And bless your heart -- we've been through the taking care of grandparents thing when one was in the hospital and the other needed care, too. It's not easy. Take care of YOURSELF, too.