My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

90 Day Madman Cycle

Recently, I was introduced to a new concept, "The 90-day Madman Cycle". I know it sounds a little, well....mad. But I honestly think it's terrific! What is it, you ask? Well, it's the thought that you can do anything for 90 days and go at it like a madman. You can give something your all if you know it's only for 90 days! What's 90 days out of your entire life? Then, of course, when the 90 days are up, you are supposed to do it again. Basically, it's breaking things down into smaller bites so you don't get overwhelmed by the magnitude of it all. I have also learned that there's a HUGE difference in "shall" and "will". Shall merely means that you "may" do something, while using "I will" states intent. I need to have more intent in my life! I don't want to be a lukewarm anything. I want to be known for being a person who DOES WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO DO. A person of integrity. So this is what I'm doing. I've set some goals for myself and I'm going to go at them like a mad man for the next 90 days. I need to post them so I will feel like I am being held accountable by someone other than myself. (Sometimes it's so easy to just say you don't feel like doing that today when it's just you that knows what your goals are!)

During the next 90 days:

1. I will lose 20 pounds.
2. I will finish reading my Bible through for the year.
3. I will stop raising my voice when I am stressed, angry, frustrated, etc.
4. I will pass my licensing exam and get licensed with Primerica.
5. I will clear the clutter from my bedroom.

I recently ordered new checks from checks in the mail. There is a place on the checks where you can put your own sentiment. I inserted "I can do anything for 90 days". It goes right above the signature line on my checks. It will be a constant reminder for me that I have goals....everytime I write a check for bills, groceries, tithes...whatever. I'll see that. And remember my goals.

There. It's done. Those are my goals for the next 90 days. Simple really.

I can do anything for 90 days.

No comments: