My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Does that Make Me Crazy?


Typically, I get up around 4:30 with my husband to get his clothes ironed, breakfast and lunch made and send him off to work. What a loving, sweet wife, you say. Not really, I have my issues with it.
Now, this is an insanely unhuman time of the day to get up. Think about it...I mean, the sun's not even up yet. If the sun's not even awake, why should I be? My body was not made to get up this early. I practically have to pour a pot of coffee down my throat just to wake up and that can't be good for my body. All that caffeine? And it doesn't even make me hyper anymore. I used to get the shakes in the morning from the surge of caffeine I was taking in, but not any longer. It's like my body has developed the "tolerance" that addicts always talk about. Scary!
At any rate...I have to set my alarm. I wonder how many people could possibly get up this early without one. I think my dad did...but he's like...the only one I've ever known who could do it in my WHOLE life. I'm 37. I don't think that the rooster is up that early...he's crowing at something more like 5:30....
I don't know about you, but I put my alarm at the foot of my bed on a dresser so I have to actually get out of bed to snooze. Something about getting out of the bed and trudging about 7 feet to hit the snooze just seems to help me wake up. For one, I'm lazy...I don't want to keep getting up out of the bed every 9 minutes to hit snooze...it's a pain in the patootie. I figure I might as well get up, because Lord knows I'm not going to get "quality sleep" in those 9 minutes. I mean, come on...what do you really do in those 9 minutes? You close your eyes and repeat over and over in your head..."I only have 9 more minutes and I have to get up..."
I also put the radio on the most obnoxious music station I can find. You know, one of those with the "Wake-Up Crew"? Now, most of the wake up crew is still asleep at 4:30 am, but they still play the obnoxious music, which is really motivation for me to get up and get it turned off before the song gets stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I don't listen to anything worldly in my awake life, only gospel or Christian music...so the rock station is REALLY incentive to get up and turn off the alarm.
This morning, there was someone singing something about "Does that make me crazy..." I guess so....if you're up at 4:30....

No comments: