My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Homeschooling With Dad...


Conversation I overheard between my nine year old daughter and her dad this evening as he was helping her understand some mathematical principles:



Dad: "You've got 1 Freaky = 2 Deaky's; and 1 Deaky = 3/4 Artsy's; and 1 Artsy = 5 Fartsy's. Convert 23 Freaky's to ____ Fartsy's"



Daughter: "Um...mom doesn't do it that way...I don't get it."



Dad repeats earlier sentence.



Daughter: "So you want me to tell you how many Fartsy's there are?"



Dad: "Yes. Figure out how many Fartsy's you get when you convert 23 Freaky's using the mathematical equation I have given you."



Daughter: "Um...Okay...well...I guess there are going to be 46 Freaky's, which would mean I have to multiply .75 Artsy's...no...wait, I have to reduce here...okay, so I reduce down and then multiply by 5 Fartsy's...would it be....let's see (furiously scratching on paper with pencil)....12 Fartsy's?"



I guess he speaks her language.

No comments: