My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 24, 2006

My most requested recipe 8 years running


Sorry I don't have a photo to share, but this has been my most requested recipe of all time.


Forget the pumpkin and pecan pies and the waldorf salad...give me this delicious salad and I'm good to go!


Note: this is a two day process - so be sure to start the day before you want to serve it!


Acine de Pepe (Uh-see-nay duh Pep-ay) Salad


Ingredients:


1-3/8 c pineapple juice

2 T flour

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 t salt

1 c sugar

1 cup raw acine de pepe noodles

1 large tub cool whip

2 c miniature marshmallows

16 oz mandarin orange slices, drained

20 oz crushed pineapple, drained

20 oz pineapple tidbits, drained


DAY ONE:~Cook first five ingredients in double broiler until set.~Boil acine de pepe noodles as directed on package and mix with pineapple mixture above. Refrigerate OVERNIGHT.


DAY TWO:~Mix drained fruit with cool whip and marshmallows, add acine/pineapple mixture and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.


You may want to garnish with extra mandarin orange slices or nuts, but I usually serve as is - it has an interesting but very smooth texture. Some folks can't figure out what the noodles are - they are so incredibly tiny, it's hard to tell. Keep 'em guessing, I always say!

No comments: