My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 15, 2007

A Costly Mistake

It's raining. Hard. And my roof has sprung a leak over my kitchen light. I had to make coffee in the dark this morning so I wouldn't start an electrical fire. Note to self: Must get that checked out tomorrow. Oh, did I mention it's freezing outside, too? Icicles hanging off my eaves like I've not seen in more than 6 years, or at least since the last ice storm. Our cats are holed up under the house where the dryer vents (I'm running all the laundry today, since it's so cold - helps to heat the house and keeps the kitties warm) and our dogs are no where to be seen or heard -- I wonder if they are under the house with the kitties? Newsman says more of the same - possible ice and sleet in the works for tonight. So that's your weather forecast for Northeastern Texas, folks -- I'll spare you any more details, since I know our weather has been relatively mild compared to most.

So Floy passed his BIG test last week with an 80! (he failed one by two questions - but he's retaking it Feb 6th) Our Regional Vice President made a HUGE deal out of it at our last meeting and recognized Floy's accomplishment - it made him feel great and I was proud for him. Our RVP said that he would pay for Floy to take the entire family out to the nicest restaurant in town and have a celebration dinner, (just save the receipt for him and he'd pay us back) - there's not a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse here, unfortunately. Sigh. So we opted for Shogun. Saturday night dinner and a show. We sat at the hibachi grill and the kids were amazed by the chef's cooking skills. My son asked me why I didn't throw the eggs up into my hat when I cooked. I told him it was because I didn't wear a hat when I cooked. All in all it was a great time.

It was around 1:20 am when I sat straight up in bed and realized I had completely forgotten to get the receipt for dinner. A dinner that cost $125. We don't spend $125 on groceries for two weeks! You can imagine how the rest of the night went. I had fitful sleep - if any at all. It was a costly mistake, for sure. I would have NEVER spent $125 on dinner. EVER. Sigh. My husband just looked at me and laughed. I asked him what was so funny - he said "you are." Personally, I don' t see how spending our entire grocery budget in one night was funny, but hey, different strokes...

Today, I must work with Katie on some issues we are having with homeschooling. She is not retaining important information and Floy and I have realized that she is just trying to memorize it to get it over and done with. Problem is, she doesn't understand it or retain it and she won't admit it. AUGH...sometimes homeschooling is just not fun for me. :o) This is a character issue that must be addressed. So off I go to do my motherly duty.

Hope everyone is well - I missed you this week - I have lots of reading to catch up on. Give me some time and I'll be back in the swing of things.

No comments: