My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

15 Minutes of Bloggity Goodness


Hello. My name is Karen and I'm a blog addict. I ignore the wants and needs of my bladder when I am blogging...I've even gone so far as to stay at my computer for hours on end without eating. My family is tired of the abuse...something has to give. I have been searching for something to help me overcome my addiction, but everytime I surf, another good blog pops up and I have to add it to my reads list. I have spent several hours just checking blogs I am a lurker on.
But a week ago? I found something that has helped me immensely. See the little Google Reader Labs logo up above? It has been a simply joyous discovery for me that has saved me an hour or more in reading all the blogs I'm addicted to.
I already had a gmail account...so once I signed in, all I had to do was add the URL for all the blogs I read and any of them that have RSS feeds are automatically checked for updates whenever I sign on and they are all sitting there waiting for me...it's like Christmas without the wait. You can't imagine the blogging high I feel when I sign in and see all those updates! I currently have 49 blogs on it...I'm sure I'll be adding more.
I'm redeeming the time...not exactly recovering from my addiction, but it HAS made it more manageable. I know there are other sites out there that do the same, but since my blog is google and my email is google, it just made sense to go the reader route. It's still in beta...but I love it because I see the previews in Google and if I want to comment, all I do is click on the blog and a new window will pop up to allow me to do it!
I'm loving my google reader. Ya'll try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I came to view your reading goal, and then I saw this post. FUNNY! I am addicted as well. I need to start making myself get all my jobs done before I sit down at the computer. That would be motivation! Thanks for the laugh!