My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 5, 2007

Dear Me in May 1987...


Dear Me in 1987,

It's me. Your future self. Let me correct that...your wiser future self...here to share some valuable insights with you to help make the next 20 years go a little smoother. You can choose to follow my simple advice...or...you can ignore it and travel the rougher road ahead...your choice.
First of all, you should really be nicer to your mom. Someday you'll have kids and every one of those disparaging comments you made to your mom will come back to haunt you. Besides...she's going to bail you out of a lot of rough waters...oh, and because the Bible says to honor your mother and father.
Which brings me to my second point...that whole Bible thing? Really wouldn't hurt for you to take it out and dust it off...you know, actually READ it. Don't be afraid to ask the hard questions that come with reading it...ask them. Because you need to know for the future. Trust me on this one. Don't put it off...do it NOW. You might also want to find a good Bible-believing and practicing Church and get involved in some sort of ministry.It will really save you some heartache.
Speaking of heartache...I know you really, really want to marry the first guy that sweeps you off your feet...but just make sure you're in love with HIM and not the idea of being in love. I promise that it is socially acceptable in the future for you to still be single at 31. No one in the future laughs at that. And if you DO end up with marrying the wrong guy...go ahead and have that kid. 'Cause she's awesome and you'll never regret it.
Also? 150 pounds at 5'11" is not fat. Enjoy your flat stomach while you can...show it off once in a while...and those hips that protrude out that force you to buy one size larger in jeans? Just so you know...men like them. A lot. High school boys are not men. Yet. But trust me on this one. Be comfortable in who you are...quit worrying so much about what others think of your body...because they all have the same issues you do.
And lastly...start your beauty regimen NOW...moisturize, moisturize, moisturize...even though right now you live in Alaska, the land of fair complected people -- someday you might just move to Texas. And if you do, your skin needs to be ready to adjust. So a little moisturizer is a good thing. Unless you want to look like Mother Teresa - which looked good on her, but even your future self doesn't want to look like that.
So take care of yourself and don't take everything so seriously. Someday...say, oh...twenty years from now, you'll look back and laugh at yourself. Wouldn't it be freakin' great if you could just laugh all along the way?

Love,

You in 2007

P.S. -- If you'd like to participate in the Dear Me project, go here.

post signature

3 comments:

Me said...

I'm having such a wonderful time reading all the dear me's! I haven't wrote mine yet but I think will later tonight perhaps.

Lisa said...

Karen~What a great idea and I love the way you wrote yours!
If I could write to myself there is so much I would say!!

Lisa

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

That's a great Dear Me letter!