My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Spring Cleaning Has Begun...or Let's Just Throw it all Away and Start Over, Shall We?

I don't know about y'all...but something about 70 degree weather after months of rain makes me want to do one of two things - either work in my yard or clean the ever-livin' daylights out of my house.

There's something to be said about sunshine...it's good for the body and spirit, yes. But it's also good for bringing out into the open those graham cracker crumbs that have been breeding new life forms in the shadowy corner of your living room by the bookshelf for the last 5 months. So, today I opt for a little spring cleaning -- declaring a war of sorts on anything that gets in my way..

My first mission is the kids room to de-clutter and rid it of the various and sundry devices that cause this mama to scream out in pain during the middle of the night as I'm tiptoeing in to take the toddler to the potty because she's sitting up in bed, afraid to walk the minefield that has become her room. Why get out of bed when you can holler for mama and she'll take the proverbial bullets for you? I have the war wounds to prove it, too. Just look at the bottoms of my feet and you'll see any number of stone bruises I sport on a weekly basis as I'm doing Mom patrol.

Next, I simply MUST go through the homeschooling cabinet. How many papers with nothing but a bunch of toddler scribbling must you keep? Is there a rule that says? 10? 20? all of them? Rest assured, if my toddlers can tell me what the picture is of, I will keep it and write on the back what it is...however, that being said? There are more "drawings" (and I use that term loosely) than you can shake a stick at and my goal is to binder (is that a word if used in this context?) them all up into one easy to preview place. Then, in about 25 years, when they have kids? I'll have the ammunition to shoot it straight with them about "art" and how it's all in the eye of the beholder...it's all about conceptualization, baby.

And finally? Those holey and stained t-shirts of my husband's that are at the bottom of his drawer and THINK they are hiding out from me? I'm taking them captive...and there are no rules. I do NOT have to hold them for ransom - because there is no returning them to their homeland. Ever. Kiss 'em goodbye, amigos...'cause they're on their way to a new and better place.

So watch out, dustbunnies...I'm kicking some cleaning bootie and not taking names today. Flee, flee little crumbs...or else I'll suck you up into my highpowered Oreck vacuum cleaner. But seriously, now...I must get dressed for the battlefield and get the cleaning war on...tell my mama I loved her.

Until next time...

post signature

5 comments:

Chrystal said...

Nice to meet you! Enjoying the party...I'll be back!

Irene said...

Hi,
Why haven't I been here before? Thank you so much, you've put a smile in my face and motivation in my heart (I am not the only one, am I?)
Blessings!

(Oh, and, may I occasionally come back for more?)

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE the sigi! LOVE the "spring clean!" Wanna come to MY house!?
~rachel

Unknown said...

70-degree weather?? We're hovering close to 40, and I'm feeling pretty dang skippy about that! Oh to clean and garden . . . Yes, the sunshine and warm weather does wonders for the body!

Esther said...

Great blog. Beth Moore is my favorite ;o)