My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Why the Crafter in Me is in Agony

Yesterday was a day of mixed emotions.

I was HAPPY! when I received this:



I was sad when I remembered I have to sew 6 pr of these first:



Sometimes I let my mouth overload my buttocks....or my ability to complete those tasks which exceeds my capacity to stay entertained. These culottes are for a friend who once entered her girls into a beauty pageant with dresses she had "hand sewn" - (ie - she used fabric glue for every seam)...luckily the dresses did not come apart whilst the girls were onstage. These girls are much older now and I don't want them running around playing volleyball with glued-up seams...there's just something not quite right about that. So I volunteered to make them a pair...mom decided they needed 3 each and bought fabric for said amount of pairs. I can't very well just make one pair and then allow her to (gasp!) glue the others...so here I am.

Personally, I think this is one of the ugliest patterns I have ever seen for culottes...but I'm loving the whole idea of the skirt over the shorts thing for camp this year. I'll have to make Katie's with a little more pizazz. I made some last year for her and they were the envy of all the girls at camp. I laugh because they were so easy to make...but this pattern (excuse me for being crude) sucks eggs. I dislike going by patterns...all the marking and following directions...sigh.


Which is EXACTLY why I can't wait to start scrapping again.

post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hee hee! I'm still laughing at gluing the seams! I have a love affair with fabric glue . . . when I am making my appliques! I'm not sure I would ever use it for making clothes. Hee hee!

Scrapbooking is just one of those things I have to stay away from lest I become a complete addict. That stash of supplies looks might nice :-)