My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Big "Mo"

Momentum...or as I like to affectionately call it -- The Big "Mo".

Simply stated...momentum is strength or force gained by motion or through the development of events. (thank you Noah Webster) It is crucial to have momentum if you are going to GO anywhere. Have you ever run out of gas and tried to push your car? Hard at first, but once you get it moving, it's easier to keep pushing. Momentum at its finest.

So why am I on this whole momentum kick? Well, I guess it's because I lost mine somewhere along the way and I'm trying to get it back. Losing weight, staying focused on our business, homeschooling...I get a great start and somewhere about two thirds of the way through, I start to peter out. Letting "little" things go...which pile up on me and turn into huge stumbling blocks that won't even let me get out of the gate.

Someone once said that "Intentions mean nothing - either you DO or you DON'T -- you don't ALMOST and you don't TRY -- you simply DO or you DO NOT DO. To put it into perspective - have you ever been pregnant or known someone who was? You talk about it and anticipate it, but eventually you need to Give Birth. SHOW ME THE BABY. There is no "almost" having a baby...there is no "trying" - you do or you don't. Period. End of discussion.

So what is a girl who has lost her momentum to do? Well, the way I see it, I have two choices - I can either QUIT (which is what ALL losers do - and I am NOT a loser) or I can RECOMMIT. The Bible clearly states that we should be "doers of the word and not hearers only". So here ya go -- I am recommitting for all of bloggy land to see and hold me accountable.

This month, I WILL NOT allow potential distractions or obstacles cause me to take my eyes or my heart off of my goals. The importance of my goals will be evident in my commitment, my pursuit, and my passion toward them. I never want to be someone who can't achieve my goals because I have either a lack of commitment or a lack of character. My kids need to see their mom finish this race running harder than when I started, chest pressed toward the mark, reaching for the prize that is within my grasp. After all, that is what successful people do. They race all out and WIN.

Technorati Tags: , ,

post signature

5 comments:

Amy E. said...

I really enjoyed reading this. It's very inspirational. Makes me want to get my butt into gear!

Tammy said...

I can so relate...I need some major momentum these days! Sometimes in so many areas that it can be overwhelming! But I need to focus in...great post!

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! I think we all needed this post. And I think I will reread it every day between 3-5 pm when I start losing my mo. If I sit down, I am a goner. So I just keep standing up and chugging away. Move! Move! Move!

Sandy said...

I'm motivated just by reading this!
Thank you!
I lose it too, in many ways. :)

mommy to six J's said...

Thank you for such an inspirational blog. I will be praying for you. Char