My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Calling All Desserts - it's Round-Up Time!


I have had such a hectic week that tonight as I was getting ready for bed, I realized what day it is - and you probably thought I forgot! But no...because today is the day for our Dessert Round up hosted by yours truly. Do you have a dessert recipe that you'd like to share? Or do you know of a website where you have seen someone else's recipes you'd like to point us to? Feel free to do so - we aren't that picky here. Just leave your name and a direct link to your blog entry on the Mr. Linky below. Be sure to leave a comment in the comments section below! And, if you don't have a blog, but would still like to share a recipe, I'll be happy to post it for you - just send me an email you will find on my profile page.

Here's one of my favorite desserts that is a great treat for summer - light and fruity:
Note: this is a two day process - so be sure to start the day before you want to serve it!

Acine de Pepe Salad
Ingredients:

1-3/8 c pineapple juice
2 T flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 t salt
1 c sugar
1 cup raw acine de pepe noodles
1 large tub cool whip
2 c miniature marshmallows
16 oz mandarin orange slices, drained
20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
20 oz pineapple tidbits, drained

DAY ONE:~Cook first five ingredients in double broiler until set.~Boil acine de pepe noodles as directed on package and mix with pineapple mixture above. Refrigerate OVERNIGHT.

DAY TWO:~Mix drained fruit with cool whip and marshmallows, add acine/pineapple mixture and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

post signature

17 comments:

Suzanne said...

yum yum

Anonymous said...

OK, I must admit. I have never heard of acine de pepe noodles. But the fruit sounds delicious!

Off to google!

: )

Anonymous said...

Light and fruity is good on a hot summer day.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for hosting. Happy to hear from you and see that the fleas didn't do you in.. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going off to google with Kim to see what acine noodles are..

Violet N. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Violet N. said...

Ellen B has my cheesecake recipe! Now you know it's got to be good if it comes up twice in one roundup.

fudge4ever said...

Hi Karen,
I stumbled across your sight this morning. Maybe it was the delicious aroma wafting off its pages!
Your acini de pepe recipe is one of our favourites. It makes a huge bowlful - great for potlucks!
Pam

Anonymous said...

karen, you got spammed by the melanie that signed in...

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Ellen...I did? Splain it to me, Lucy...I am confused.

Anonymous said...

Hi and thanks for hosting the recipe round up. This is my first time to take part, I came to you from Rebecca Writes.

Greetings from Northern Ireland

Mummymac

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Ellen...I see what happened...the spam was totally unintentional - she missed the "s" on blogspot. I'll fix it when I get home and in the meantime, hopefully everyone will just NOT GO TO #13 for Melanie because it's not her address...#14 is the correct one.

Thanks! Karen

Kim said...

I posted a recipe for a yummy pumpkin dessert, Pumpkin Torte.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Updated: I deleted Melanie's broken link and #13 is now the CORRECT link for her.

Juanita Stauffer said...

Thanks for hosting this. I posted a recipe for Rhubarb Kuchen this morning.

Juanita

Scribbit said...

A collection of desserts? I'm in. I've made these cookies so many times I could do it in my sleep . . .