My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 15, 2007

A thought about what faith is to me...

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ~ Hebrews 11:1

Hope: the belief that tomorrow will be better than today.

It has been said that faith that cannot be tested cannot be trusted, and while some folks may argue that point, I believe it holds a large degree of truth that we will all experience if we are born again and on our way to Heaven. It seems my family has experienced more than its share of trials of late, but don't think I'm complaining. (although the air and fleas WERE a little bit upsetting - God has taken care of both situations - our a/c is repaired! and the fleas are gone!)I'm just saying that I've come to realize that God is simply using some tough circumstances to build the muscles of my faith.

My faith has been weak, I know that. I can SAY that I have faith, but when it comes down to it, I am more like the puny guy on the beach...no muscle where the mouth is. God has just allowed some things to happen in my life so that my faith will be strengthened. And guess what? It's working! Just like working out in the gym strengthens my physical body, praying to overcome the circumstances He's allowed to happen strenthens me spiritually.

Probably the most important lesson I've learned over the course of the last few months has been that all trials really are - are opportunities sent by God to test us and try us to see if we will be faithful to serve Him through it all. I think about the Israelites and when they sent the 12 spies into Canaan - their report turned from FAITH to SIGHT. Only two kept their faith and came back with a good report. Lord, please let me always keep my eyes on YOU and your promises, and not go on my feelings alone. Let me always remember that Faith is controlled by you and sight is controlled by satan - let me always take the path that leads to You, Father.

Take no risks and you have no FAITH. I am willing to try what seems like the impossible, just as Daniel did in the lion's den, as David did when he was running from Saul, and as Paul did. I will resist all faithless influence and Lord, I surrender our marriage, our children, our business, and my will into Your mighty and capable hands - because You alone are able to change our circumstances and I will trust Your Word when it says "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." -Hebrews 11:6


Technorati Tags: , ,



post signature

5 comments:

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

That was really good and really well put.

Anonymous said...

Amen Karen! Great post. Even if your faith muscles are sore, you have to work through the pain!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Karen. Praying for God's grace to be sufficient for you. Blessings...

Anonymous said...

So true! We have two choices when we face trials...fight it or embrace it. One leads to misery, the other to growth. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, found your blog through the Texas link on Mom Blogs.

Blessings!

Bonnie said...

I know this post is old--so maybe you won't see this comment--but I think your post was very thoughtful. Excellent. Thank you.
You said to leave an email, but if interested, you can just leave a comment on my blog .perkesfamilyblog(AT)blogspot(DOT)com.