My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Eight things Meme

Tagged by Dallas Miao'd:

I have been a little more than busy preoccupied lazy when it comes to following through with my tags and memes, so I'm really trying to be better. Honest I am.
As with all meme's, to begin with, there are rules. (To which I say - FOOEY!)

Rules: Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. (Play along, wontcha?)

Not too bad – huh? Eight things?

At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people; then visits those people’s sites and comments, letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do. (This is where the bottom falls out for me...I have a hard time tagging...so if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged. If you're not reading this, then go fold some laundry. Or come fold mine).

1. I have Tinnitus -- a constant and continual ringing in the ears. Although I have never been formally diagnosed, I have read enough and failed enough hearing tests (I can't hear cell phones and other high pitched noises -- nor can I distinguish one person talking if there is a lot of background noise) that I am positive this is what I have. It is extrememly loud and has gotten progressively worse after having kids and being married to a husband that talks sometimes nonstop without ever even taking a breath. I can now lip read because I have so much practice.

2.
My husband and I did not have a conventional wedding and our families did not even know we were planning on getting married. We were married at a JP's office in Austin, Texas after knowing each other for only two and a half months. We are very happy with three kids and the poor guy has no hope of ever escaping! :) (Not that he wants to, mind you.)

3. It was not until after we'd been married for a few months that my husband told me he had surrendered to preach in the ministry. I told him that I hadn't married him to be a Preacher's wife and he promptly replied "If you married me you did!" End of story. I'm a preacher's wife. And happy to be so, I might add.

4. I grew up so poor in South Texas that I never had new clothes. My mom accepted hand me downs from my sister-in-laws and made them work for me. Once I wore white patent leather go-go boots to school in 1978 (a full 10 years after they had gone out of style) and my classmates thought I was the coolest girl they had ever seen. And, I thought I was in high cotton when my mom would take me to buy clothes at Goodwill or Salvation Army. Incidentally, I still shop at both of those places today...because I like to.

5. I homeschool my kids because I love them. I want them to have one on one time with their teacher and get the extra help they need to succeed. No one in our family agrees with our decision, although they pretend they do. But things get back to you and you know they really don't...but the way I look at it is that ultimately, I'm responsible for my kids. It's not up to the public school system to raise them to be godly or to have good manners or to respect their elders...it's mine.

6. I have never been diagnosed with OCD, but I'm pretty sure I have a form of it. (Another label!) I tend to count pairs of things...especially when I meet people (did you know that almost everyone has a pair of eyebrows, a pair of eyes, a pair of ears, a pair of nostrils, a pair of lips and a pair (set) of teeth - top and bottom?) I also do it when reading. I like for things to be even...in sets of four. I have absolutely no reason for doing this...but I have done it since I was little. I do it all the time and don't even realize I'm doing it half the time. I bet that if most people thought about it...they are a little ocd about something.
It's nothing I'm ever going to be medicated for, that's for sure!

7. When I was 17, I ran for Homer Winter Carnival Queen (I wanted the college scholarship). I came in 2nd runner up. Which was really third. There were only four girls. So much for beauty, brains, and talent...huh?

8. I got run up a tree by a bull moose when I was 14. I was on my way to school (I was born in Texas, but lived in Alaska from ages 12-27) and in a hurry, fiddling with my Walkman on the school trail behind my house and didn't even see the joker...ran smack dab into his hind quarters. (Ever notice how bad things happen in slow-motion?) His big old head swooped around and with one snort, he swooped around to find me scrambling up the nearest pine tree. Don't know if you've ever attempled to climb a pine tree, but it's not easy. You really have to WANT to do it to make it up to the limbs that have any substance. I did. I was rescued by some middle schoolers who saw the whole thing from behind and ran home to get their dad. Phew. I can still feel the adrenaline pumping from that one.

So there ya have it. My eight. What are yours? Be sure to leave a comment in the comments section and I'll pop on over and visit you.

Technorati Tags: , ,

post signature

1 comment:

Dallas Meow said...

thanks for playing :)

and I love your new design