My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Not the most promising sign...

I have been preparing this week for homeschooling, which begins in less than two weeks, by my calculations. Tonight, as I was reading through a book I purchased to help me teach AJ to read (Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons), I actually started to get excited that AJ is moving beyond colors, letters and numbers.

Eager to share with him what we'd be doing for school this year, I pulled him into my lap to show him the book and was explaining to him that this is what we were going to be learning this year. To which he replied with the sweetest smile ever, "Mama, I don't want to learn to read. I just want to watch tv, play my video games and pick my boogers."

That's my boy. Yessiree.

Technorati Tags: , ,

post signature

5 comments:

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

HA! You gotta love those boys. Honest to a fault!

Totallyscrappy said...

"Pick my boogers" How funny is that! Thanks for the laugh...

Stitchblade said...

HAHAHA! That is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That's great. Sounds like a typical boy to me!

Lisa said...

I have been homeschooling for 7 ((maybe 8))years now.....This summer my 12 year old daughter said..."Can I do math? What do people do when they are not in school?" I found it all very encouraging. Then some one turned the TV on and that was the end of that...