My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

This planning thing is harder than I thought...

I'm still in the midst of homeschool planning for 2007, which starts in FOUR. DAYS. PEOPLE. I should be well out of the planning stages, but since I'm what some people would call a tad bit of a procrastinator...well, you get the picture. Truth is, I've really just started in earnest mapping out the course details. I've got the curriculum, but no lesson plans, no guide, no PLAN. Ack. Excuse my twitch...it will disappear towards the end of May '08.

What have I been doing, you ask? Well, other than a FUN! TRIP! to the Emergency room to discover I have a peptic ulcer (probably because of this whole lesson plan fiasco), not a whole heck of a lot. The medication I've been taking for the pain has left me a little woozy and unable to string two coherent thoughts together for the last week...which is why I haven't posted anything "real" in that time. But I'm going to be fine, thank you very much. :)

I contemplated scanning my x-rays for you, but I don't even know how to begin to read them. So, for your viewing pleasure....an illustration of an ulcer similar to mine:

H. pylori causes almost two-thirds of all ulcers. Many people have H. pylori infections. But not everyone who has an infection will develop a peptic ulcer - I'm just one of the lucky ones, I guess. (Funny how that "luck" never worked with those stinkin' lotto tickets before I knew better than to buy them!)



I'm so into the whole lesson plan thing, I almost debated covering ulcers with the kids, then I snapped back to reality because, really? No one wants to know all the ins and outs of ulcer-sufferers. Except maybe the sufferers themselves. And all they really want to know is what to do to get rid of the p-a-i-n. I'm surprised that you're still reading this...heck, even I'm bored.

So, there ya have it. My whole last week in a nutshell. I'm going to go back to my lesson plans now. Happy Thursday, y'all.

Technorati Tags: , ,

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A compliment more than a comment...I have to say that the line where you say "I'm surprised that you're still reading this...heck, even I'm bored" brought me up short. I was riveted and I love the visual aid a very nice touch.

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oiy! Those are nasty little suckers aren't they?? My brother and I have had to deal with them. My brother has had to deal with the ulcers twice (first time was in India and we just about lost him...too much bleeding and bad medical help). You back up and running now??

Lisa Hellier said...

Sorry to hear this. Hope that quickly you will find relief on both fronts--the ulcer and the finished planning. Godspeed to both.