My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Secrets, superheroes, and plain old stupidity

You might think that after living on this Earth for 38 years, I'd learn to stop overcommitting myself. Yes, at times, I let my mouth overload my...well, you know.

I have a secret to share with y'all today. I'm superwoman. Don't tell me you didn't already know that? I can read 114 blogs in a single sitting, homeschool two kids who don't really want to do school on any given day, and I can do 40 gazillion loads of laundry, fold them on my bed, and then promptly fall asleep under the covers without ever disturbing the neatly folded piles of clothing.

That's my average day. Throw in there about eleventy hundred phone calls, a husband who needs his clothes ironed, feeding my brood, business partners who need special powerpoint presentations made that apparently only I can do...and you have today.

Now I have to let you in on another little secret...I'm not really who they think I am. I can't always do it all effectively. I just put on a really good show on the outside...but on the inside, I'm fretful and all complainy. Is "complainy" a word? I think not...but it fits. And did I mention it looks like it's going to rain? And I have a business meeting? There goes the hair.

Don't even get me started on the hair. I'm perklempt. That's another post entirely...maybe for tomorrow after I put away my red cape and tights. I have to get on with my projects for the day now, and it might be good if I fed my kids and got them started with their schooling...we're only an hour behind our schedule.

Oh! Before I forget...I want to send a public "THANK YOU!" to Michelle at Scribbit for the lovely Shrek cookbook and ESPECIALLY the book on Scream Free Parenting. I have already started reading the parenting book (well, the title page...does that count?) and I will do a review when I'm done with it. Less screaming...that's a good thing. (I'm so Martha Stewart today!)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Technorati Tags: , ,


3 comments:

Scribbit said...

So no more CAPS for you, right? No more screaming? I should have kept the book for myself because I could use a dose of patience myself! :)

Megan Cobb said...

You really ARE Superwoman, though. Cause who knows what SHE was really thinking/feeling on the inside, y'know? I think most of us are right there with you some days. Heck, sometimes I don't even keep the complainy to myself. My husband loves to hear me whine... oh he just LOVES it. Music to his ears!

You just put away your cape and tights and be human. You're allowed that, you know!

I'm dying to know what your hair blues are about!

Memarie Lane said...

You have GOT to take me for a ride in your invisible airplane!