My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Jack Frost folding all my clothes...

There are some things I just don't have the time to waste my energy or resources on. Like laundry. Just kidding...laundry is a necessity. Unless you're a nudist...which I'm not - and since Jack Frost has officially moved into the Northeast corner of Texas, I'm more of what you'd call a "bundler-upper".

I remember when I was a kid growing up in Alaska, every time I'd leave the house for school, my mother would call out from under her down comforter lap throw (while seated in her leather recliner), "Bundle up honey, it's cold outside!" Which would have been all fine and dandy. But it was the middle of the summer.

The winters were another story, however. I DID develop the habit of "layering" my clothing. Luckily, it was the 1980's and layering was in high style. Leg warmers over skin tight leggings under an oversized sweatshirt that was over a tank top (a la "Flashdance"). I was HOT...but in a cool sort of way. I still have a tendency to want to dress in layers (sans the leg warmers), even though it's over 80 degrees here most of the year. What can I say? 20 years of buying Eddie Bauer has me totally dressing like a Northerner. People here just don't get me.

My own kids resist wearing coats and want to wear shorts and t-shirts year round...which I would understand if we lived in say...Florida. However, we don't...and I consistently worry that people will think I'm a terrible mother when I go the the grocery store in freezing weather with my kids dressed in shorts and me looking like I just stepped off the pages of a North Face ad.

(This blog entry has been composed in an attempt to avoid folding the pile-o-laundry that waits ever-so-patiently for me on my bed.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know what you mean!
My kids resist clothing too. I can just hear people thinking. "Mom in a jacket, kid in a sweater with no socks, hmmmm."