My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Stress Free Wrapping


As Christmas morning nears, (my kids count down daily - I am informed practically on the hour) cookies, candies, bars, and the like are being baked; the house is getting a good cleaning; and the presents are all wrapped under the tree presents are all hidden throughout various parts of our house, awaiting the frenzy of discovery on Christmas morning.

We don't wrap our Christmas morning presents, no-sir-ree. Years ago, I made giant stockings (about 3-1/2 feet tall)for everyone in our family. We have a lovely tradition that on Christmas eve, we each get to open our one or two wrapped presents, and the rest go unwrapped into or under our stockings for Christmas morning. The kids love not having to unwrap 10 gazillion things and mom loves: 1) not having to wrap said presents; and 2) not having to stuff three Hefty garbage sacks full of wrapping paper. It truly makes for a Merry Christmas for all involved.

So that is what works for our family...what works for yours? See more WFMW tips at Rocks in my Dryer.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Technorati Tags: , ,

3 comments:

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

I'm with you on the NOT wrapping tradition!

Wanted to let you know that I updated my blog with a new post on the specifis of the 12 Days tradition. I hope you and your family habve a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! My children are little (ages 3 1/2 and 2), so we're still in the midst of establishing traditions. I can't decide what to do. I do like the idea, though, of not having them all wrapped. "Santa" brought ours on Christmas Eve when I was a little girl, so we went to my aunt's house, and while we were gone, Santa came. When we came home, there were all our presents, UNWRAPPED, under the tree.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Amy @ http://hopeistheword.wordpress.com

Kathy in WA said...

Interesting idea! I don't know if I could convince the rest of the family to forgo the wrapping. I think it's something you have to introduce early on. :)

Merry Christmas!!

Duckabush Blog