My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Overheard this week...TT #4


1. "She looks like Quasimodo with that bump on her back." (in reference to our cat, who has developed a strange knot on her spine)

2. "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..." (our youngest has adopted this when someone carries on too long about an injustice)

3. "K, do that thing with your 'nibbles' like The Rock does with his." (from my son after watching her roll her stomach, he decided he wanted her to bounce her pecs like Dwayne Johnson in "The Gameplan")

4. "Can we make school short so I can play Monkeyball banana splits?" (again, my son...it's a request I hear daily, to no avail. And the game is called Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz.)

5. "Do I look harp?" (asked daily by youngest once she is dressed - 'harp' = 'sharp'.)

6. "What IS that smell?" (uh...K...clean the cat's litterbox, please.)

7. "Thou shalt not kill." (when asked what the Bible says about how we should treat our brothers and sisters)

8. "Oh my darlin, oh my darlin, oh my darrrrlin, what's yer name?" (youngest's version of "clementine" as sung by Huckleberry Hound)

9. "Tell me just ooooone more story and sing me just ooooone more song?" (a nightly plea from two youngest at bedtime - simply a stall tactic)

10. "Mama, your tummy is so soft like a pillow."
"You shouldn't tell mama that - it's just that she eats too much and doesn't get enough exercise." (conversation between two youngest)

11. "Look, mama! My hope is floating!" (youngest in the tub, referring to a bar of ivory soap - 'so pure it floats')

12. "Mama, how come you taste the pages before you turn them?" (son, referring to my habit of licking my fingers to turn the pages)

and finally...
13. "This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles and a very sharp beak." (my eldest reading from a science book to her brother and sister)



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Photobucket

Technorati Tags: , ,

16 comments:

cindy kay said...

What a crack-up! Your kids are cute. (I was going to refer especially to my favorite, but when I read them over again, I couldn't decide. They're all funny!)

Anonymous said...

Probably said #7 a few times about my siblings too. Happy TT

Lisa said...

I spit coffee through my nose! Those were hilarious, especially # 7!

My 13 is up as well!

Mia said...

Lol...thats so cute.

Great list, Happy TT!

Patti said...

Haha!! I needed that chuckle! What a great list!!! I can't decide my fave either ... but 2, 7, 10 and 13 are top contenders!! Thanks for the laughs! :)

Flea said...

So hope really does float, huh? I knew it!

NicciN said...

So cute. Thanks for the laughs.

Anonymous said...

#13 is priceless.

Fresh Girl said...

Oh gosh, these all made me laugh, but #13 made me howl! And I'm going to adopt "nibbles" and make it my own. ;)

Megan said...

I never knew that octopus had testicals!

Bloggers said...

Awesome ! So funny. I really needed this today.

Laura Paxton said...

Oh, those were so fun! Kids say the greatest things, don't they?!? Happy t-13!

She Became a Butterfly said...

for some laughs, you should check out this site:

http://www.overheardinnewyork.com


http://www.shebecameabutterfly.net

suchsimplepleasures said...

i loved that list! i adore seeing how kids come up with their own things...words, names etc...it's so fun!
happy tt!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I love the "Thou Shalt Not Kill," especially given the preamble to your response. :)

Melanie said...

LOL..fun list!