My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Purge and Binge, People!

I've been on a cleaning and purging binge the last few days. A new year will do that to you, you know.

No, I'm not talking about my colon, although I did order some Colonix from Dr. Natura yesterday. I've been feeling rather sluggish and decided what better way to jump start my new year than a total cleansing...have you seen the stuff that comes out? Be forewarned -- it's pretty gross, but what's even grosser is the realization that that stuff might be in me, which is why I'm doing the cleanse. That, and to jump start my weight loss regime. (Since I now weigh more than I did at delivery with ANY of my children...sigh. I'll keep you posted with how it's going...although I'm not sure I'll be showing you any photos of what's happening on my, er...end. ahem.

But I digress...I was actually speaking of our home office (which, coincidentally, is also in our bedroom...gack) which is also quite the veritable mountain of paperwork. I'm terrific at giving out the organizational advice, but apparently not always so great at following it. (I'll just blame it on the homeschooling, yes, that's it, homeschooling).

Evidence that much filing is in order:


Actually, our old desktop (which we used for all of our business media and web design) died on us. Okay, it's not technically, "dead"...but it's got one foot in the grave and we had to do something before we lost all of our files. So we consulted one of our friends who got us an excellent deal on this beauty - a Dell Inspiron 531 with a 22" high definition widescreen flat panel monitor, 2 GB of memory and a 500 GB hard drive. You found me out - I'm a techy geek after all. If I wasn't so happy as a homeschooling sahm, I'd probably apply for a job with the Geek Squad. Their mission statement kills me "Geek Squad is an elite force of highly skilled and highly mobile Agents who provide computer support 24/7/365. Our mission is to create a world where computer problems are obsolete." I like the little cars they get to toodle around in, too. (looks are everything in the geeky world, you know) Of course, I'd probably have to get some pocket protectors and a pair of funky black horn-rimmed glasses just to be a geeky fashionista.

Without further ado, the new computer (okay, technically, it's only the screen, the rest of it is under the desk:


I will not have internet access to it until next week sometime - the cable service we have for our internet doesnt allow us to install a hub, so we'll have to figure out what we are going to do about that. For now, I'm still using the laptop, which will start to travel with my husband when he goes back and forth between the office:

And further proof that my desk is clean (just in case you didn't believe me the first time I said it):


Did you notice the book on my desktop? It's called "No Excuse! - A New Philosophy for Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Excellence" by Jay Rifenbary. Very good book - I highly recommend it, and I haven't even read it. My husband has and has been giving me feedback every step of the way...so I'll read it next, because frankly? I'm totally intrigued. Ours is an older copy, so it doesn't look like the one on the website, but it's the same inside.

That being said, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE! for me not to blog more frequently now that I am so organized and efficient, right?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Emily said...

Darn, i don't know what happened. i was typing along and all of a sudden my comment was gone. possibly submitted mid-thought.

in any case, have you ever seen the TV show Chuck? it's hilarious, and he works at a computer store (Buy More) and works for the Nerd Herd. cracks me up.