My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

WFMW - (Backwards Edition)

Today is the backwards edition of WFMW and have I got a question for you moms (or dads) out there!

My son is 5 and has a major fetish fixation affection for his socks. He never has any to wear in his drawer because they are always hidden out somewhere in our house (just in case he needs them). I don't know if he thinks Wal-Mart is going to suddenly stop carrying Hanes boy's knee socks in his size or if possibly Armegeddon is coming, but he is evidently stockpiling them for a reason.

Case in point: tonight, I pulled 12 socks out from under his tangled up covers before changing his sheets. TWELVE! And one pair was even his daddy's. (Apparently he had run out of his own, since his sock drawer was empty and "borrowed" a pair from good old Dad.
I find them stuffed in the cushions of the couch, under tables, in otherwise empty backpacks, in our van...pretty much everywhere but in the dirty clothes hamper.

So help me out here. What should I do to get him to stop hoarding his socks and get them into the hamper?

Visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer or more WFMW Backwards Edition questions and tips.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Technorati Tags: , ,

4 comments:

Angela S said...

I've not dealt with this yet but really I'd just make him go without socks for a while. That feels gross to me but yeah there isn't much else you can do without driving both him and you crazy! oh and you didn't say how old he is.

ellen b. said...

Boy I wish I had a solution! That really seems like a unique problem. Hope it all works out..
:)

Scribbit said...

I don't know if this works for socks but I've been having trouble with the boys and clean underwear (I don't want to go into specifics, it's just too nasty) but I told them if I didn't start seeing their underwear coming through the wash regularly I was going to start doing daily underwear inspections before breakfast. Seems to have helped.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you were the Bionic Mom, you could be consistent with CONSEQUENCES for finding them all over the place (much easier said than done, she says with experience). Maybe give him a roll of nickles and for every sock you find elsewhere, he has to give one up...at the end of a week/month, he can spend whatever's left.

Or...have a bag of M&Ms (or favorite candy) in the laundry room; for every sock he turns in, he gets a treat? Very Pavlovian, but I wonder if it'd work...