My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Recipe Round Up - Texas Style Blt Wrap

    This is a variation on one of my all time favorite sandwiches -- the BLT. The thing that makes this so good is you can make it when tomatoes are not in season, because it calls for salsa. This is a very versatile recipe - sometimes I substitute tomatoes for salsa, sometimes I use homemade guacamole instead of store-bought.

    Karen's Texas-Style BLT Wrapper
    Ingredients:

  • (4) 8-inch flavored wrappers (or wheat tortillas)


  • 4 ounces cream cheese spread


  • 1/2 cup chunky salsa


  • 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce


  • 12 slices cooked bacon


  • 1/2 cup guacamole


Directions:

Spread each tortilla on one side with some cream cheese; top with salsa and shredded lettuce and spread evenly. Place three slices bacon on each tortilla; top with some guacamole and roll up to serve immediately.

Dorothy of Field Stone Cottage is hosting this month's roundup - so head on over for more great sandwich recipes.

Photobucket

Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.

Technorati Tags: , ,

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Ooooh, yum. I'm a Texas too. I think I can handle this.

"J" said...

I love a BLT! YUM-O this sounds sooooooooooooooo good!

We have been "TRYING" to eat healthy around our house and this is what I've come up with for sandwiches at night for dinner:

Wheat Pita
Fat Free Cream Cheese
Thin sliced Ham or Turkey
Pico (chopped tom, onions, cilantro, line juice and spices)
Lettuce

Toast the wheat pita and stuff all this in! YUM-O! We also eat steamed veggies instead of chips!

Kimberly said...

This sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Misty said...

YUM!!! I'm doing it!

Anonymous said...

Yes I'm the one drooling over here. Yum!

Courtney said...

Sounds great. I was born a native Texan, but my husband moved me to Maryland, and now to Oklahoma but I'm still a Texan at heart and this sounds so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!!

Dallas Meow said...

Know what's for dinner Sunday!

Dorothy said...

Thanks for sending this one along to the Round Up, Karen. I know I'll be trying it!