My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Tribute



Four of my six brothers served in a branch of the military - three in the Navy and one in the Army. None of them were harmed. Some men and women don't make it back home. Today is the day set aside for honoring them. Have you ever read the history of Memorial Day?

Every man and woman that is serving our country is somebody's brother, sister, aunt, uncle, son, daughter, mom, or dad. If you know someone who has served or is currently serving, please take a moment today and thank them for staying awake on their watch so we can sleep in peace.

Photobucket

Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sobering photo. I have a nephew who, thankfully, has returned from Afghanistan but may have to return, and a good friend's son who is in Iraq now. Thanks for the photo and the reminder!

Candace said...

Beautifully put! This is the first year that I really grasp the meaning of Memorial Day. I am glad your brothers made it home safe and sound!

Always Been Different said...

Sometimes I forget even after being married to a retired Army man and having a son who also served our country to stop and say "thank you for being willing to do whatever it took/takes to keep us free"...
Thank you for reminding me. I think I will hug my Guy a little longer when he gets home from work today :-)