My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Circle of Friends - Toy Trade


A friend from Church recently asked me if I'd be interested in a "Toy Trade". She is a single mom with two boys roughly close to the same ages as two of my kids (2 and 4) and is on a limited budget and cannot afford to buy a new toy every time they go to Wal-Mart. (Just fyi...I don't buy my kids something everytime we go either...it's bad training, but I know "some" people(like my husband) who just can't resist)

Anyway, I thought it was a terrific idea, as my kids have more toys that they don't play with because they've gotten tired of them or they are lying at the bottom of the toy box, forgotten like yesterday's bad news. So...last week I went through all the toys (at naptime of course -- do you think I'm crazy enough to do it when the little boogers are awake?) and sorted into three piles - "keep", "trade" and "throw this crud away!"
I ended up with a 33 gallon bag full of toys to trade. My kids are none the wiser -
and I'm not tripping over toys in the middle of the night anymore.

It works for me. What works for you? Head on over to Shannon's WFMW to see more helpful tips and advice from others!

post signature

3 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Sounds like a great thing to do!

Linda

Brought to you by Her Majesty Magenta said...

Whatn a greatidea! I will pass this on to my friends who stillhave little ones. Ihave heard of clothing circles and one of the participantsweredoctors children. They believe that their money should be used to help the needy instead of splurging on themselves. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Awesome idea!! We make our kids earn their toys, although my husband can spoil them rotten if he takes them out on his own. Arg! They have WAY too many toys, so I have just taken to packing some away. But being able to trade with someone would be great :-)