I remember back when I was a little girl, my daddy used them all the time (on purpose - it was our own form of 'pig latin') and I used to keep running lists of my favorites. When my mom moved down to Texas three years ago, she mailed me three huge boxes of "stuff" that I had left at home "because I might need it someday". Don't look at me that way - you know you all did exactly the same thing when you left home...I'll bet some of you even threw a fit when your mom wanted to turn your bedroom into her sewing room like mine did.
At any rate, my mom sent me these boxes and I found one of my lists that I will now share with you. But before I share them...let's pause for just a moment to consider something. Do you ever find it strange that you hop into your virtual car on the internet, cruise down the information highway and the stop at some place you've never been before just to read what their favorite spoonerisms are? How weird is that? I'm just sayin'. (but I'm ever so glad you parked it here)
Without further ado, I will now share with you my top 13, in no particular order:
1. "Blushing crow" for "crushing blow"
2. "Drain Bamage" for "brain damage"
3. "Bater Wottle" for "water bottle"
4. "Sparking Pot" for "parking spot"
5. "Bass Ackwards" for...well, this is a family friendly blog.
6. "Chipping the flannel on TV" for "flipping the channel on TV"
7. "Go and shake a tower" for "Go and take a shower"
8. "It crawls through the fax" for "It falls through the cracks"
9. "Nicking your pose" for "Picking your nose"
10. "Go help me sod" for "So help me God"
11. "Plaster man" for "Master plan"
12. "Belly jeans" for "Jelly beans"
13. "This is the pun fart." instead of "This is the fun part."
Got kids? Read Rindercella to them. But if you really like Spoonerisms, you can go to Fabelbish.com and have your sentences instantly tranlated into spoonerisms. Fow thun is hat?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Look on the bright side! Subscribe via RSS.