My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Monday Morning Wrap Up

I'm not really here and you aren't really reading this. I'm trapped in a swirling vortex of homeschooling goodness and mayhem even as you read (well, more than likely...unless you're reading this at 6 am...in which case I'm still snoozing under the covers).

Happy Labor Day, everyone - hope you're all fortunate enough to be able to take the day off from work - you've earned it. I will not be taking the day off, as I still have 3 loads of laundry to finish from this weekend...but that's another story for another day.

A couple of quick notes before I start the day:

1. And we have a winner for Saturday's Mystery Photo Contest! Bummer. Oh, I totally kid - I'm not bummed. Amber from Bringing Good Home - email me so I can get your "n"eat gift that I may or may not have in the mail for you.

Also -- I'm revising my photo selecting process and I will not be blurring the photo next week...so be ready for something that doesn't hurt your eyes, but that you still probably won't guess. Bwuahahaahahaha. {that was supposed to sound maniacal, not evil...why did it sound evil?} Here's last Saturday's photo:


2. I am doubly excited about tomorrow's Behind the Blog radio broadcast - we will have TWO guests on. Rick Calvert from Blog World Expo will be on first discussing THE blogging event of the year - Melanie is attending this year and I'm so jealous hacked off excited for her that I can hardly stand it. :)I know she'll be bringing a lot of good information back to the table with her - but before she goes, why not join us and hear from the founder himself as to why he started the expo and what he expects from it.

Also joining us is Kelly Curtis from Pass the Torch. Kelly is an accomplished blogger and writer who has been published in Boy's Life, Budget Travel, All You, Chesapeake Family Magazine, Wisconsin West, or Chicken Soup for the Soul: Celebrating Mothers and Daughters. Her new book, "Empowering Youth" is now out and she'll be telling us how she went from blogging to mainstream media. I encourage you to check out her highly informative 8-part series "Becoming an Author" on her blog.

That's it for now. Working on about six designs simultaneously...going crazy in between times. So if I'm silent on your blogs, or I'm not answering my emails...please don't hate me. Understand that I'm human and this is a season in my life. I'm trying to be better, but all I can do is all I can do right now.

I'll be running leftovers this week because I want to be able to focus solely on my kid's first week of school. The first week is always the toughest for new adjustments, etc...so I want to be free to be "free".

What's happening with you this week? Anything exciting planned?


Look on the bright side! Subscribe via my RSS feed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I got it? How cool!! :) Is there really a prize??

You know, I wouldn't have guessed it if I hadn't been on the phone with my BFF and been so confused that I sent her to look at it too. I realized by her guess that I needed to tilt my laptop screen more because all I could see was the blue!

(acceptance speech) So I want to thank my hubby for so graciously letting me take over his laptop for the past YEAR, my BFF because without you I would have never seen the light, and of course, Karen without whom there would be no contest in the first place - I love you all. Mwah! Mwah!

Hee hee. =P