My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

And Yet Another Birthday Party...

Today, I took my kids to their cousin's birthday party.

It was one of those I-knew-I-couldn't-tell-them-in-advance-or-they'd-bug-me-to-death-kind-of-things.


Know what I mean, Vern?

I mean, come on...who ISN'T going to bug their mom about a birthday party for a two year old where swimming in a giant pool and hot dogs, ice cream, cake, and presents are the main event? Did I say there was swimming?


Did I mention yet that only one of my three can swim? Did I also mention that I will NEVER take them to their cousin's birthday party by myself again???? Do you have any idea how hard it is to watch a 4 yr old with floaties who, up until this year was terrified of water, while keeping both eyes and hands on 19 month old toddler in the pool?

Factor in a 9 year old doing running twirls and spins off the diving board and you can imagine what a "lovely" time I had...(note the "dripping" sarcasm).

Whomever thought up the bright idea for a pool party should be spanked and put down for a nap.

Speaking of naps, my adrenaline rush is just about up and I'm going to have to take one here pretty soon or else I'll just faint right in the mid

No comments: