My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Today is a New Day


My son recently turned 4. He wanted two things for his birthday: 1. All the cars from the movie "Cars" and 2. The movie "Chicken Little".


Well, he didn't get all the cars from the movie, but only because we haven't been able to find them all - apparently, they are in high demand and KB toys just can't keep them in stock, Target won't keep them, and Wal-Mart couldn't care less about keeping them in stock. He DID receive the movie "Chicken Little". Even as I write this, he's in the living room watching that movie for about the hundredth time since we bought it for him. (Now, don't start thinking I let the tv babysit my kids...it's not even 8 in the morning yet and he only woke up to watch that movie!)

Here's the problem. He thinks Chicken Little is real. He wants to be JUST LIKE Chicken Little. He sings the theme song over and over throughout the day. The words go something like, "One little slip....yadda yadda yadda", but he INSISTS they say, "One little SHRIMP.." Who am I to argue?


He has asked me to buy him some green glasses, a green striped tee shirt, and dark brown shorts "just like Chicken Little". He doesn't realize that CL's outfit would most likely be the featured outfit on TLC's show "What Not to Wear". It's so cool to him. I love that about him...not afraid to embrace being different. Different is normal for him...THAT's cool to me.

Recently, he told me, "Mom...I loooove Chicken Little". I said, "I know, son." Now if I can just get the words to that theme song down...

No comments: