My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://simplyamusingblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Recipe Round Up - Texas Ranch Potato Salad


We are not big mayo eaters in our house, but this is one of our favorite potato salads, because it tastes more like a baked potato than potato salad.

Texas Ranch Potato Salad

1 (1oz) pkg Ranch dressing mix
2 cups mayo
3/4 cup chopped green onion
1 lb bacon slices, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
5 lbs unpeeled red potatoes

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add whole potatoes and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and chop into 1 inch cubes. Transfer to a large serving bowl and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2 hours.

In a small bowl, stir together the ranch dressing mix, mayo and green onion. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours to blend flavors.

Stir mayo mixture into the bowl of potatoes. Crumble bacon into the bowl and stir to distribute. (Optional - you can also add shredded cheese - it's tasty!) Enjoy!


For more Salad recipes, head on over to Promptings...or you can contribute your own on her Mr. Linky!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my does that look fabulous! Going to have to try this recipe for sure.

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I like the ranch addition. We're just might have to make this...

Anonymous said...

Love potato salad! This one sounds great--thank you!

Dallas Meow said...

I believe we moved here two years ago with the same bottle of ranch I'd bought when I had my first BBQ 18 years prior. . .
yeah yeah I exaggerate, I know they spoil in a year ....
NOW that I am the mom of Texas kids, we buy the Costco gallon size once amonth!
They will love this!
thanks

Violet N. said...

Karen - this yummy sounding potato salad looks like it would feed a multitude.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I did make this salad for our bbq last night. Yum. I posted a picture and credits to you on my seattle winding down post. blessings.